Filter
Reset
Sort ByRelevance
vegetarianvegetarian
Reset
  • Ingredients
  • Diets
  • Allergies
  • Nutrition
  • Techniques
  • Cuisines
  • Time
Without


Is liver sausage healthy?

  1. Liverwurst is always a party at parties. Before you know it, the slices of liverwurst will be eaten with the drink. The Dutch eat liverwurst very often. But to what extent is liverwurst actually beneficial to health? And what is liverwurst actually made of?

What is liver sausage

  1. Liver sausage is made from pork liver and other pork. At least 30% of the sausage must consist of pork liver. The remaining 70% is ground residual meat from the pig and possibly other animal protein sources. Certain cities or regions in the Netherlands have their own liver sausage.

Is liver sausage healthy?

  1. Since today (2016) there is much to do around the theme of health, the question arises whether liver sausage is healthy. On the one hand, there are a number of advantages about liverwurst that can contribute to a responsible diet, but there are also disadvantages that can make it possible that it is better not to take too much of it.

Advantages

  1. Liver sausage has good properties that belong in a healthy diet. For example, there is a lot of protein in liver sausage. You need proteins, because this is important for the building and growth of muscles, among other things. Furthermore, there is hardly any sugar in liver sausage and this makes the liver sausage healthy for many people. Liverwurst is also a rich source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is good for the skin and contributes to a good immune system. In addition, vitamin A is important for the eyes.

Disadvantages

  1. Everything has a downside and that is the case with liver sausage. Liverwurst is flavored with herbs. These herbs contain salt and liver sausage contains a relatively large amount of salt. Too much salt is not good because it can cause high blood pressure. Too much salt is also associated with a high risk of cardiovascular disease. Reason enough to be aware of this. A second argument for assuming that liverwurst is not healthy is the amount of fat it contains. Fats are healthy to a certain extent, but liver sausage contains mainly saturated fats. Saturated fats are partly responsible for weight gain and can also contribute to high cholesterol.

E-numbers

  1. MSG

Two liverwurst next to each other

  1. 100 grams of AH liver sausage Kroon Saxon liver sausage Energy 1105 kJ (265 kcal) 1491 kJ (355 kcal) Fat 22 g 33.3 g - Of which saturated 9.5 g 10.8 g - Of which monounsaturated 9.5 g not listed - Of which polyunsaturated 3 g not listed Carbohydrates 4 g 2.6 g - Of which sugars 0.5 g 1.4 g Dietary fiber 0.1 g not listed Proteins 13 g 11.2 g Salt not specified 1.7 g

Conclusion

  1. As you may have read, liver sausage has good and bad properties. It is up to you whether or not you think it fits your current diet.



Donate - BNB: bnb16ghhqcjctncdczjpawnl36jduaddx5l4eysm5c